So there's this new meme going around the blogosphere, and I've been tagged by my friend Freckles, the Happy Heathen. Since I'm a sucker for this kiind of stuff I'm playing along, and if I've tagged you I hope you'll play along too!
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you have tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random things about me:
1) I cannot STAND green peppers, really, I loathe them. Red and yellow I'm fine with, but the smell of the green ones makes me gag.
2)I also can't stand the sound of the crunching in the KitKat commercials, I will actually mute the TV when that commercial comes on.
3) I can't sleep if the sheets on my bed aren't tucked in, I'll actually get up and remake the bed. I like my covers snug, which is one of the reasons I'm happy to not be sharing a bed with anyone any more.
4) I like Ke$ha. There - I've admitted it, it's out there for the world to see.
5) When I was 14 I broke my left ankle, and a week later I had surgery on my jaw to correct an overbite. I spent the first month of my summer vacation in a cast, with my jaws wired shut.
6) When I broke my right leg I was wearing a pair of my husbands boxer shorts, because we were going to do laundry later that day. I didn't remember that until I was in the ambulance, with a paramedic cutting my jeans off me. Fortunately he said he'd cut weirder pieces of clothing off much scarier people.
7) I just realized this year that I'm allergic to cats. I love them, but every time I'm around them my eyes and throat itch, and my nose starts running.
8) I find it MUCH easier to sing in front of 500 people than to sing to just 1 person.
9) Despite the fact that I've done my fair share of bitching about the men in my life I DO remember that there was a time when I loved them very deeply. The way that a relationship ends doesn't negate the fact that there was once love there. That's a very important thing to remember.
10) I believe the most important thing that anyone can learn is how to be comfortable in their own skin.
11) My very best friends are my siblings. There's nobody who knows me better, or can make me laugh harder than Tracy, Tonya and Joe.
Now for Freckles questions -
1. What's the first thing you would save from a fire and why? Other than my kids and my dog it would be the drawing of a heart Wyatt did that's hanging over my bed, the box of artwork that both of my boys have done and their baby books. Those are priceless to me
2. You're a superhero for a day, what's your special ability? Oh, if you know me, you know the answer to this, but I'll say it again - the ability to crap money. It's the only superpower worth having.
3. How do you geek out (science, books, math, video games, etc?)I used to love playing D&D, but I haven't played in years. I usually bury my nose in a good fantasy book, something by Robert Jordan, Dave Eddings, or the Song of Fire and Ice series that my friend Deb got me hooked on.
4. Harry Potter or Star Wars? Harry Potter! I love the characters, the story, the way each book and movie becomes more complex. Yeah, Harry, hands down.
5. Your favorite comfort food and why? I have a couple - Hot Chocolate, but not just ANY hot chocolate, the Land o Lakes brand in the little envelopes (I'm having a cup of the mint flavored one right now), Carrot Ginger soup, and my mothers meatballs. NOBODY makes meatballs like my mother.
6. What's one habit you wish you could kick? Smoking. I've quit 3 times in my adult life, and I'm about to quit again, this time for good.
7. Favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving - it's the one time of year that our family usually manages to be all together, and I have more fun with my family than I do with just about anyone else.
8. Toilet paper - up and over, or down? (lol, this is the biggest debate in our house) Oh God UP AND OVER!!!!! there is NO other way!
9. What's your favorite sweet treat? Pepperidge Farm Mint Milanos, and Girl Scout cookies, especially the Samoas
10. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner? What's your favorite meal time and why? Most mornings I don't have time for breakfast, and I don't get to take a lunch break , or I'm eating in my car as I'm driving from 1 patient to another, so it's dinner by default.
11. What's you favorite inspirational quote? "We cannot do great things, we can only do small things with great love" Mother Theresa
Since I don't follow many blogs, and the ones I'm following have already tagged me or each other, I'm going to put this on Facebook and tag people from there. So if you're tagged, and you want to do this as a blog posting, great, if not and you want to do it as a FB note, that's cool too!
Here are my 11 questions for you:
1) What is the one experience in your life that you thing has most shaped you into who you are now?
2) If you had the money to do it, what would be the 1 luxury item you'd buy for yourself and why? (This can't be a necessity item, it has to be something you'd treat yourself to)
3) What book has had the biggest impact on you?
4) Paper towels or dishrags?
5) What's your earliest memory of your childhood?
6) If you could learn how to do 1 thing brilliantly, what would it be and why?
7) if you could be 10lb thinner, but it would cost you 10 IQ points would you do it? How about if you could gain 10 IQ points, but you'd have to gain 10lb?
8)If you're home alone do you close the bathroom door when you use the toilet?
9) What was your favorite board game as a kid?
10) If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
11) Which is worse - underwear riding up, or a wrinkle in your sock?